Tag Archives: The Marquis de Lafayette in Georgia

Jacob Burkhalter House, Circa 1778, Warrenton

Though it has been moved from its original location, the home of Revolutionary War veteran Jacob Burkhalter is the oldest in Warrenton. In March 1825 the Marquis de Lafayette stayed at the Burkhalter House while traveling by stagecoach from Augusta to Milledgeville on the Southern leg of his American tour. Dan Muller, the present owner, has done a lot of sensitive restoration and stabilization work on the house.

Leave a comment

Filed under --WARREN COUNTY GA--, Warrenton GA