Tag Archives: Otis Redding

Round Oak, Georgia

Round Oak GA Jones County Cutout Sign Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing North Georgia USA 2015

Founded as Sylvania in 1807, Round Oak is one of the oldest settlements in Jones County. The name was changed to honor an ancient oak known as a gathering place for Native Americans. A depot was built in 1885 and brought a thriving economy which persisted until the early 1920s. The Big O Ranch, home of Otis Redding’s widow Zelda, is located on Otis Redding Road just outside town.

Leave a comment

Filed under --JONES COUNTY GA--, Round Oak GA