Tag Archives: North Georgia Grocery Stores

Porter Brothers Store, 1910, Bishop

This typical commercial block was built by D. H. Huff and served as the Porter Brothers Store until 1951.

Bishop Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --OCONEE COUNTY GA--, Bishop GA

Historic Storefronts, Statham

Jefferson Street, facing west

Jefferson Street, facing east

Railroad Street, facing east

Railroad Street, facing west

Statham Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --BARROW COUNTY GA--, Statham GA

Commercial Row, Circa 1910, Washington

This commercial row on Depot Street is a great example of turn-of-the-century retail architecture and appears to have been abandoned for many years.

Washington Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --WILKES COUNTY GA--, Washington GA

False Front Store & Residence, Macon

This false front store with attached residence likely dates to circa 1900.

Macon Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --BIBB COUNTY GA--, Macon GA

Corner Grocery, Macon

Macon Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --BIBB COUNTY GA--, Macon GA

Storefront, Mitchell

I’m not sure what purpose this building served, but it was likely a grocery store.

1 Comment

Filed under --GLASCOCK COUNTY GA--, Mitchell GA

Grocery Store & Service Station, Mitchell

This was last home to a grocery store and an Amoco service station.

Leave a comment

Filed under --GLASCOCK COUNTY GA--, Mitchell GA

Black’s Grocery, Edge Hill

Edge Hill (Edgehill) is the smallest incorporated city in Georgia, with just 24 residents recorded in the 2010 census.

 

Leave a comment

Filed under --GLASCOCK COUNTY GA--, Edge Hill GA

Grocery & Filling Station, Sandy Cross

 

Leave a comment

Filed under --FRANKLIN COUNTY GA--, Sandy Cross GA

General Store, Sandy Cross

This country grocery/general store has most recently been known as Betty’s Place. When looking for Sandy Cross on a map, you might be surprised that there are several crossroads with this name in Northeast Georgia alone.

Leave a comment

Filed under --FRANKLIN COUNTY GA--, Sandy Cross GA