Tag Archives: North Georgia Folk Victorian Architecture

Mauldin House, Circa 1880, Clarkesville

This Folk Victorian house was built by A. M. Mauldin. It stayed in the family for over a century and after Mr. Mauldin’s death, his daughter-in-law operated a millinery shop on the property. It now serves as Clarkesville’s Visitors Center.

National Register of Historic Places

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --HABERSHAM COUNTY GA--, Clarkesville GA

Folk Victorian House, Circa 1927, Demorest

Leave a comment

Filed under --HABERSHAM COUNTY GA--, Demorest GA

Gabled-Ell House, Circa 1907, Demorest

Leave a comment

Filed under --HABERSHAM COUNTY GA--, Demorest GA

Folk Victorian House, Demorest

Leave a comment

Filed under --HABERSHAM COUNTY GA--, Demorest GA

Brumlet House, 1897, Demorest

Leave a comment

Filed under --HABERSHAM COUNTY GA--, Demorest GA

James J. Burton House, 1910, Lavonia

This house was built for the manager of the Southern Cotton Oil Company. It’s on a busy section of the Augusta Highway and a lot zoned for business and therefore endangered. It has great Arts & Crafts stained glass window panels throughout.

 

Leave a comment

Filed under --FRANKLIN COUNTY GA--, Lavonia GA

Folk Victorian House, Dewy Rose

Leave a comment

Filed under --ELBERT COUNTY GA--, Dewy Rose GA