This commercial block has most recently been used as the city hall and police precinct.
Tag Archives: North Georgia City Halls
Childs General Store was one of the first retail establishments built in Newborn before the railroad came through the town in 1893 and was restored after a fire in the 1990s. Now known as the Zeigler-Childs Building and home to the Newborn Town Hall and Library, it remains a symbol of the community.
Newborn Historic District, National Register of Historic Places
Designed by Otis Clay Poundston and built by the W. P. A. as the Cedartown City Hall, this has also housed the police and fire departments and city auditorium. Today, it sits adjacent to Polk County’s main courthouse (built in 1951) and serves as an annex.
Cedartown Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places