Tag Archives: –HARALSON COUNTY GA–

Castille House, Circa 1880, Tallapoosa

This house originally faced Chestnut Street but was turned to face Bowdon Street around 1902. It was built on a site known as Seven Chestnuts, where Creek Indians held council meetings before 1827. Most of the trees have been lost to disease over the years.

North Tallapoosa Residential Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Tallapoosa GA

Clayton House, Circa 1890, Tallapoosa

A dairy was once located behind this house.

North Tallapoosa Residential Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Tallapoosa GA

Cason House, Circa 1894, Tallapoosa

North Tallapoosa Residential Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Tallapoosa GA

Sheffield House, Circa 1890, Tallapoosa

Built by Georgia legislator and Tallapoosa attorney James Murdock McBride, this has been known for many years as the Sheffield House.

North Tallapoosa Residential Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Tallapoosa GA

Eclectic House, Buchanan

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Buchanan GA

Vernacular House, Buchanan

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Buchanan GA

Folk Victorian House, Buchanan

 

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARALSON COUNTY GA--, Buchanan GA