Tag Archives: Churches of Madison County GA

Union Primitive Baptist Church, 1896, Madison County

One survey states that this church building dates to 1896, but the congregation may be older.

There is a very large cemetery adjacent to the church. A modern structure across the highway now serves the congregation.

3 Comments

Filed under --MADISON COUNTY GA--

Mount Hermon Presbyterian Church, 1912, Ila

historic-mount-hermon-presbyterian-church-ila-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-north-georgia-usa-2017

Reverend J. S. Smith was the pastor at the time this church was built. C. D. Griffin was the architect and builder.

Leave a comment

Filed under --MADISON COUNTY GA--, Ila GA