Tag Archives: Churches of Lamar County GA

Ebenezer United Methodist Church, 1840, Lamar County

historic-ebenezer-united-methodist-church-lamar-county-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-north-georgia-usa-2016

According to the 150th Anniversary Bulletin of Ebenezer United Methodist Church, compiled by Lenora Ginn in 1990, it is thought that the church building dates to 1840, but the congregation was organized many years earlier. The community was then known as Stewartsville, but has long disappeared from maps.

Leave a comment

Filed under --LAMAR COUNTY GA--