Tag Archives: Churches of Harris County GA

Hamilton Baptist Church, 1890

historic hamilton baptist church harris county ga photograph copyright bian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2016

This is an interesting Victorian church and one of the most historic congregations in Harris County, dating to 1829.

National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARRIS COUNTY GA--, Hamilton GA

Shiloh United Methodist Church, 1893, Harris County

historic shiloh methodist church harris county ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing north georgia usa 2016

This photo dates to March 2012.

Leave a comment

Filed under --HARRIS COUNTY GA--, Shiloh GA

First Baptist Church, 1910, Pine Mountain

historic first baptist church pine mountain ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2016

Abridged from the First Baptist Church Pine Mountain website: The Baptist Church was built and dedicated on May 28, 1887. The Chipley* Baptist Church served the town well until the fateful night of April 24, 1908, when the entire town of Chipley was struck by a devastating tornado. The entire town including the Baptist Church was leveled.  Although, the tornado was a major devastation, God’s people responded with resolve to rebuild. On April 24, 1910 the new brick Baptist Church was dedicated.

*- Chipley was the first name for Pine Mountain.

 

1 Comment

Filed under --HARRIS COUNTY GA--, Pine Mountain GA