This historic and still-active congregation dates to 1835. The present structure dates to 1859; it was restored in 1942. It’s near the community of Chattoogaville but has a Lyerly address.
National Register of Historic Places
This historic congregation dates to 1848. Though the present building was constructed in 1937, it wasn’t dedicated until 11 January 1942. The pastor at that time was Madison D. Short, Sr. The cornerstone also lists others involved in the completion of the new church building.
Building Committee: Dr. O. A. Selman, Chairman; R. A. Harlow; J. R. Jackson, Jr.; & N. S. Rich – Finance Committee: H. M. Woods, Chairman; R. A. Harlow; J. R. Jackson, Jr.; O. H. Perry; & T. H. Selman – Board of Deacons: W. P. Selman, Chairman; J. E. Baker; H. S. Burgner; Dennis Cox; O. P. Dawson; N. V. Dyer; A. J. Ellenburg; T. J. Espy, Jr.; R. A. Harlow; D. M. Hill; O. A. Selman; R. G. Smith; R. S. Thomas; R. N. Trimble; H. M. Woods – R. A. Harlow was Church Treasurer & W. G. Wheeler was Church Clerk.
Summerville Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places