Just across from the courthouse, this landmark, also known as the Simmons-Bond House, is now a bed and breakfast. Designed by architect E. Levi Prater, it was later owned by the Julius B. Bond family.
National Register of Historic Places
This house likely dates to circa 1884, as the adjacent house, built in that year, is a near twin. It is best known as the Bagwell House, for two maiden schoolteachers who lived here.
Update: This photo was made in 2011. The house was being deconstructed/remodeled in 2013 and may no longer be standing.
Originally built by a Mr. Green of Atlanta, who had Green’s Department Store on Doyle Street in downtown Toccoa, the Hotel Albermarle burned and was rebuilt sometime in the 1950s, retaining some of the original structure. For many years, it was known as the Alexander Apartments. There are presently plans to renovate it to its original state.
Downtown Toccoa Historic District, National Register of Historic Places