Category Archives: Newnan GA

North-Young-McCondichie House, Circa 1852, Newnan

Greenville Street-LaGrange Street Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

Jones-Cranford-Walker-Solle House, Circa 1836, Newnan

Greenville Street-LaGrange Street Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

Lee-Hackney-Banks House, Circa 1850, Newnan

Greenville Street-LaGrange Street Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

Guild Hall, 1924, Newnan

Perhaps the grandest contribution to Newnan’s extraordinary architectural heritage, this landmark of the Tudor Revival also known as the Parrott-Farmer-Harless House was the work of R. Kennon Perry (1890-1954).

Platinum Point Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

Arnall-Thompson House, 1920, Newnan

Built for the parents of Governor Ellis G. Arnall, this Colonial Revival is situated on a large lot with a sweeping view from the street.

Platinum Point Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

The Pines, 1939, Newnan

Also known as the Manget-Bass House, this whimsical Classical Revival is beautifully situated on the high point of a nearly five-acre lot. It was designed by Newnan-born architect David S. Cuttino, Jr. (1905-1973).

Platinum Point Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA

Sprayberry’s Barbecue, 1926, Newnan

One of Georgia’s oldest barbecue restaurants, Sprayberry’s association with two famous Coweta County natives has made it known far beyond Newnan. Lewis Grizzard sang its praises in his books and country music superstar Alan Jackson waited tables here as a teenager. It all began with Houston Sprayberry, who owned a gas station and sold barbecue out of the back. By 1926, the barbecue became so popular he closed the gas station and made it a restaurant. Over 90  years later, it remains as popular as ever.

2 Comments

Filed under --COWETA COUNTY GA--, Newnan GA