Category Archives: –HANCOCK COUNTY GA–
The first Methodist congregation associated with Devereux, Ebenezer, was located about ten miles away. It moved nearby in 1857 and was named Reynolds Chapel for its pastor. The present structure was built in 1910-1911 and dedicated by Bishop W. A. Candler in 1911. The name was changed at that time to Devereux Methodist Church. It remains a small but active congregation.