Category Archives: –ELBERT COUNTY GA–
Bowman United Methodist Church was established by a small group who first met in a rural log schoolhouse in 1874. It is thought that the first formal home, a frame structure, was occupied by the late 1870s. By 1894, the congregation had grown to around 225. In 1924, members decided to raze the old church and construction began on the present structure. Mr. D. C. Griffin of Hartwell supervised the construction. It was completed in 1925. It is one of the nicest little churches to be found in a town of this size.