This is the only publicly visible commercial structure remaining in Boneville and appears to date to the early 20th century. Jeremy Ansley notes that it was the post office. The framework of the historic Boneville/Camelia Mill (1880) survives, but is not accessible. The circa 1840 Clyde Hunt House-Dixie Inn, which was located just down the road, was lost to fire in 2013.
Boneville was a popular recreation spot from the late 19th century until the 1920s, when the Georgia Railroad closed the depot.