Category Archives: Adgateville GA

Adgateville Baptist Church, 1915, Jasper County

Adgateville Baptist Church Jasper County GA Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing North Georgia USA 2015

The congregation, dating to about 1812, was originally known as Hebron Primitive Baptist Church. It reorganized as Adgateville Baptist in 1915 and built this structure, still in use. It’s all that remains of the late-19th-century village named for H. L. Adgate, a large landowner in the area.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --JASPER COUNTY GA--, Adgateville GA