This house originally faced Vineville Avenue and overlooked 325 acres extending to Ocmulgee River. It was built by Skelton Napier, a son of one of Antebellum Macon’s most prominent politicians, Judge Thomas Napier, and his family occupied it until 1891. Ralph B. Small, Sr., purchased it in 1919. At some point in the early 1900s, it was moved on logs to its present orientation facing Rogers Avenue. It’s one of several Macon landmarks featuring a pattern of inverted laurel wreaths in the frieze.
Vineville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places