In March 1909, the Lavonia Woman’s Club sought funding from Andrew Carnegie and the approval of a town council for the construction of a library. Carnegie pledged $5000 for the construction and the council promised $500 per year for the purchase of books and upkeep for ten years. petitioned Mr. Andrew Carnegie and the town council for the erection of a building to house what would eventually become known as a library. Mr. Carnegie granted $5,000 for erection of a building with the council providing $500 a year for ten years for books and upkeep. The facility, now part of the Athens Regional Library, still serves the city.
National Register of Historic Places