The Cromer family operated a woolen mill on Nails Creek from 1845 until the Civil War. After the war, a cotton gin, flour mill and saw mill were located here. They had all ceased operation by 1943.
The bridge, also known as Nails Creek Covered Bridge, was built in the Town lattice design by James M. Hunt in 1907. The span is 110 feet.
National Register of Historic Places