Dewy Rose Baptist Church grew out of the membership of Deep Creek and Antioch Baptist churches in 1890. Reverend L. W. Stevens was the first pastor. The congregation met in the local school until a new church was constructed in October of 1890. During the pastorate of Reverend A. W. Bussey membership had grown to a point that a new structure was needed and the present church was completed and dedicated in 1921. It was constructed in the Craftsman style. which is rarely seen in churches. For a more detailed history, visit the church website.