Originally known as the Concert Hall, for the performance space located on the second floor, this is another of Macon’s antebellum commercial landmarks and one of the most visually interesting structures downtown. It was built by a group of businessmen, including Payne, Nisber, Mix, Kirkland, and Virgin. Payne operated an apothecary shop here until 1889, while Mix & Kirkland operated a bootery around the same time. Multiple other businesses have been housed here throughout its long history. The Victorian features, including the bay windows and corner entryway, were added in the early 1900s. It has been home to Lawrence Mayer Florist since 1994.
Macon Historic District, National Register of Historic Places