Asymmetrical windows on the front of the house suggest that the left side likely began as a much smaller house, perhaps a log cabin. The vernacular octagonal Doric columns also suggest an early origin, likely 1830s or early 1840s.
Adjacent to this property is a small graveyard known as Thompson Cemetery. It’s possible that this was the family cemetery of the builder of this house. John C. Thompson (1814-1889) could very well have been the builder.