Built as a Victorian, the Hill House took on its present Neoclassical appearance with a 1909 remodel. The house was designed by Mrs. Hill’s brother-in-law, Newnan architect W. A. Steed. Burwell O. Hill (1856-1918) was a prominent Meriwether County farmer. His son, Obadiah W. Hill, and grandson, J. Render Hill, both served in the Georgia legislature.
National Register of Historic Places