Madison Historic District, National Register of Historic Places
This chapel was built by the Methodists in 1844 and was acquired by the Episcopal diocese in 1961.
In 1846, the first Episcopal congregation was established in Madison. During the 1850s, they built a Greek Revival chapel which served them for over 80 years. The hardships of the Great Depression caused a significant loss in membership and the church was deconsecrated in 1937 and razed soon thereafter. The church was re-established in 1953.