Now known as Heritage Hall, and operated by the Morgan County Historical Society as a house museum, this elegant Greek Revival mansion is the most visited site in Madison. Dr. Elijah Evans Jones, chairman of the board of trustees of the Madison Female College, was its most prominent early owner. Originally located 200 feet from its present location, it was moved in 1909 by Stephen Turnell after he donated a portion of the property for the construction of the Methodist church. In 1923, Turnell transformed it into Traveler’s Inn. Mrs. Sue Reid Walton Manley was its last private owner. Her granddaughter donated it to the Morgan County Historical Society in 1977.
Madison Historic District, National Register of Historic Places