A Methodist Society was organized at Clinton in 1810 and a permanent structure is thought to have been built around 1821. It remains in use today and is well cared for. A slave gallery, typical feature of many antebellum churches, was removed in 1897. It should also be noted that Clinton Methodist was among the first churches in the area to organize a foreign missionary society.
National Register of Historic Places