This marks the original site of the Methodist Church erected about the year 1805. Bishop Asbury and Bishop McKendree in 1815 held here a conference which James O. Andrew attended. Bishop Capers, Dr. Lovick Pierce, and many other notable figures of Methodism served as pastors. The daughter of Bishop Capers is buried near this spot. In gracious appreciation of the pioneer work done by this great church this boulder is erected by the Robert E. Lee Chapter UDC, 1929.
Milledgeville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places