Though not individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Masonic Lodge in Millegeville was considered by architectural historian John Linley to be of “national importance”. The cornerstone was laid on 25 June 1832 by R. W. Samuel Rockwell, William Davis, Thomas Greene, E. H. Pierce, P. Wright, John Miller, Drury Murphy, John Mitchell, and William Hill. Upon its dedication on 24 June 1834, Judge L. L. Harris was the first Worshipful Master. It’s the oldest such lodge in continuous usage in Georgia, and was designed by the preeminent Milledgeville architect John Marlor (Marler). It was garrisoned by Union troops and served as the home of the Freedmen’s Bureau during the Reconstruction era.
Milledgeville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places