These Craftsman apartments were built between 1910-1915 by Julius A. Horne, who named them for his wife, Carolyn “Carrie” Sherman Horne. They lived in one apartment and rented the other three. The location was chosen for its proximity to Sacred Heart Catholic Church, as the Hornes were Catholics. Both Mr. Horne and his son, J. Adrian Horney, served as mayors of Milledgeville.
Milledgeville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places