This congregation began as a Methodist Episcopal church in 1831. The first church was built in 1838 and sold for use as a school in 1842 when a second structure was completed. It remained in use until a powerful tornado destroyed it, along with much of Greenville, on 3 March 1893. A new house of worship, the present one, was completed by 1895.
Greenville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places